This information is provided in addition to the information you have already received prior to your treatment day (including Patient Consultation Record & Medical Questionnaire, Pre-Treatment Advice & Aftercare) and the information provided at your consultation appointment and on the website www.hair-ink.co.uk. This information has been provided so that you can make an informed decision whether or not to give consent to proceed with your HPT® scalp micro-pigmentation treatment.
1. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the documents mentioned above and the information provided to you during your consultation appointment(s).
2. HPT® scalp micro-pigmentation is a form of tattooing and uses a pigmentation technique to apply pigments just below the skin in the dermis, in a similar manner to traditional tattoos. Like traditional tattoos, the HPT® treatment is permanent (with maintenance) in nature and, although the treatment can be reversed, the pigment can be difficult to remove and the success of any reversal procedure cannot be guaranteed.
3. The pigments used in the HPT® treatment are are made from iron oxides and are not the same as tattoo inks. However all colours oxidise and change over time. The skin type of every client is different and the implanted pigment will be visible for a minimum of 12 months and in some cases indefinitely. The HPT® scalp micro-pigmentation treatment will need to be ‘maintained’ periodically to keep the procedure looking fresh. This is dependent on a number of factors such as age, skin type, colour). Although unlikely it is possible for clients to have an allergic reaction to the colorants used and we carry out a patch test to determine whether a client is likely to develop an allergic reaction to the treatment.
4. It is your responsibility to ensure that your scalp is in a good condition prior to any treatment being carried out e.g. if the scalp is excessively dry or flaky the results may look patchy due to the pigment not retaining in these areas. Your practitioner cannot be held responsible and further treatment may be required at an additional cost.
5. If the treatment is being undertaken due to any type of Alopecia or male/female pattern baldness the practitioner cannot be held responsible for any additional treatments required if there is further hair loss after the HPT® scalp micro-pigmentation treatment.
6. For an HPT® scalp camouflage treatment it is important to note that it is a mottled scalp shading which works with 3D natural hair. However, this will preclude you from cutting your hair shorter than the agreed starting hair length as agreed in your Summary Of Consultation email. The risk is it will look unnatural.
7. If these conditions are not met the practitioner cannot be held responsible for any additional treatments that may be required as a result of a patient dramatically changing their hairstyle and revealing different parts of the scalp that were not previously visible.
8. If you are looking to replicate a closely cropped or shaven head you will need to start your treatment with a shaved head or ½ grade (if applicable) to get the best results and a commitment to maintaining or shaving natural hair growth.
9. If there is scarring that needs to be camouflaged the practitioner cannot guarantee the same colour retention as the non-scarred scalp area. Colour retention in scarring is unpredictable and results cannot be guaranteed. Scar tissue may require more treatments and you may be advised to have a few MCA/ dry needling sessions prior to implanting pigment.
10. Your practitioner will use a Treatment Plan to keep a log of the colours you have chosen, as well as anaesthetic and needles used, along with your pre and post treatment photographs. This information will be held securely in your Consultation Record.
11. Once you have agreed your Treatment Plan with your practitioner, which will include hairline (if applicable), colour and density; any changes made at your request to this agreement e.g. making darker or changing hairlines will be subject to an additional treatment fee.
12. Clients may experience some discomfort during the HPT® treatment. After each treatment the treated area may swell or show redness and in some cases bruising or tenderness in the lymph nodes. Your practitioner will recommend how to take care of this with verbal and written aftercare instructions. In very rare cases clients may feel unable to continue with their treatment session. In such cases where we need to reschedule the appointment a charge of £150 per hour will be charged for any additional sessions required. HAIR ink. are not liable for any additional travel costs or time off work needed to complete treatment. Starting treatment is deemed as acceptance to all the points raised in your treatment plan.
13. In all treatments there is a risk of migration which means that the implanted pigment may increase in size.
14. The use of any drugs (including Finasteride or Dutasteride) , alcohol or the use of Minoxidil must be avoided for a minimum of 3 days prior to treatment. You are however permitted to take Paracetamol , Co-codamol or Ibroprofen as outlined in the Pre-Treatment Advice & Aftercare document.
15. It is extremely important that you adhere to your aftercare instructions to ensure that you are not vulnerable to infection once you have left the environment of the clinic. If a treated area is accidentally picked, pulled or knocked, not only is it more susceptible to infection it may also affect the healed result and could appear uneven and require more work. As with any tattoo treatment there is a risk of infection, although serious infection is very rare.
16. Clients with a history of skin cancer, sun damaged skin or any other relevant medical condition should consult their GP / Dermatologist before undergoing their HPT® procedure. In these circumstances, we may require validation of suitability for treatment from the client’s GP / Dermatologist before proceeding with the treatment.
17. It is important to note that if you have an MRI or CAT scan you must tell the radiologist that you have had a medical tattoo. You may experience a slight tingling in the treated area.
18. The final outcome of the HPT® scalp micro-pigmentation treatment is very dependent on the individual healing process and biology of each client. Pictures and images of potential outcomes shown during your consultation and on the website www.hair-ink.co.uk are a guide to the results achievable and do not form a guarantee of individual outcomes or results. HAIR ink. will as far as possible provide consistent coverage, however certain areas of the scalp can appear darker / lighter than others due to skin condition, scarring etc. We will as far as possible provide consistent follicle replication however as with natural hair certain follicles can appear larger than others.
19. To obtain the best result, the client must comply with the Pre-treatment and Aftercare advice which you received in your Summary Of Consultation email and must attend any follow-up appointments as outlined in your Treatment Plan.
20. HPT® scalp micro-pigmentation is not an exact science and therefore an exact colour result cannot be guaranteed. Colours are retained and heal differently in all clients. The elected colour will be darker immediately after the treatment. This darker colour should exfoliate and lighten within 7/14 days. Lighter colours fade faster than darker colours and all colours will change with time. It takes 4-6 weeks for a full skin cell renewal cycle for final HPT® results to be seen.
2. Appointments & Cancellations, Payment and Liability
1. Treatment Appointments & Cancellations:
We will notify you with the time and date of your HPT® treatment appointment. On receipt of this notification please confirm your receipt and re-confirm on the morning of your appointment by phone or text by the time as outlined on your treatment confirmation email. You must notify HAIR ink. Limited a minimum of 48 hours prior to treatment(s) if you need to re-arrange your initial HPT® treatment and any subsequent follow up treatment appointments. Failure to do so will result in either loss of treatment deposit (initial treatment) or incur an additional cost of £250 for missed follow up treatments. HAIR ink. Limited will endeavour to ensure that your appointment runs to time, however, for reasons beyond our control, we may need to cancel or postpone your appointment at short notice. In this unlikely event, we will make every effort to contact you in advance. We do not offer compensation if we cancel your appointment. Prior to your appointment we will inform you of any preparation required in advance of your treatment. Failure to comply may result in cancellation of your appointment, reduced treatment time, or additional fees being charged.
A non-refundable deposit of £250 will be charged to secure your booking. Should you cancel or fail to arrive for your treatment the non-refundable deposit will be used as a cancellation charge. Should you wish to change your appointment we require a minimum of 48 hours notice. This applies to all bookings. Full payment of your HPT® scalp micro-pigmentation is required in advance (7 days) of your initial treatment session. Payment can be made by either debit or credit card or by BACS transfer.
HAIR ink. Limited will not be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of profit), or for any other special, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, it’s provision of any services to the client. It is the clients responsibility to ensure that he or she provide HAIR ink. Limited with full disclosure of all relevant medical details prior to each treatment. HAIR ink. Limited will not be liable for any damage that occurs as a result of the client’s failure to disclose such details. The client agrees to comply with all instructions and/or recommendations given to them by, or on behalf of HAIR ink. Limited regarding the care of a treated area. Nothing in these terms of business shall exclude or limit HAIR ink. Limited liability for death or personal injury resulting from HAIR ink. Limited negligence.
3. Treatment Guarantees
Your HPT® scalp micro-pigmentation treatment is guaranteed for 12 months from the date of your initial treatment session. Following the completion of all recommended sessions (as outlined in your Summary Of Consultation) any fading that has occurred will be rectified within this time frame. Clients are permitted 1 treatment session within the 12 month time frame. The validity of any guarantee claim is reviewed and at the discretion of the Founder & Owner. Any alterations to your agreed style including repositioning of hairline, increasing density, changing colour, fine tuning and adding side profiles will be charged at an hourly rate plus the cost of consumables. Should laser removal be necessary the client will be responsible to deal directly with the laser removal company and bear all costs involved.